Can a person’s personality be identified with clothes? Like by using . In this article we will discuss, Is there any concept of the
We, humans, have two functions of clothing, the first is safety, ie protecting yourself from cold, heat or social awkwardness.
The second is self-expression, whenever we meet a human, we find a shortcut to our mind here to figure out whether the man here is our friend or the enemy, How is its personality or how is its status and in this calculation the psychology behind clothes
Because knowingly we wear clothes that highlight our interesting feature and announce who we are and what is our role in society. This is why our wardrobe is like our autobiography.
So in this article today we will understand why clothes matter and what is the psychology behind clothes.
Table of Contents
3/1. The psychology behind Clothes.
In a 2012 study, we tried to know the psychology behind clothes and here whether the clothes we wear have a truly symbolic meaning, can our clothes change our thinking as well.
The study took a white coat and a section of some people were told that the coat here belongs to the doctor and people from another class were told that the coat here is of a painter, after which they were given a task related to 1 attention
Surprisingly the result came here that those who seemed to be wearing a doctor’s coat had better attention and overall performance than those who seemed to have worn a painter’s coat. Because a doctor’s court, Achievement, Refers to intelligence and power. When a normal man also wears a coat there, he starts coming out of it on his own. This effect is called “Enclothed Cognition”. That was found psychology behind clothes and that is a direct correlation between our clothes and our psychology.
Here I see businessmen wearing effect suits, our soldiers, players and even firefighters who wear these clothes and come to a different mindset.
Men’s Psychology behind clothes
The esthetic goal of males and females vary. Men through him appearance his utility i.e. his usefulness, Power, signal creditability and status.
Like someone wears a men suit that shows power to his power, Someone wears a mail simple T-shirt to show their simpleness or their humble personality, And someone wears expensive clothes to show their status.
Women’s Psychology behind clothes
While female fertility through her makeup and clothes, beauty, And signals youth. She wears hills that embellish her physical structure, Eyeshadow makes Female’s Eye much larger as Big Eyes depicts Youth and she follows the latest methods that reflect youth’s appearance in a new way.
3/2. What colour clothes should we wear?
Along with this, the colour of the clothes you wear also makes you better or useless with the psychology behind clothes because many colours’ connections give you a healthy look, many unhealthy. Which colour will suit you best depends on your hair colour and your skin complexion
American writer and designer Alen Flusser has told her book dressing the man
- If both your hair and skin are of light colour then your face will not look good with different colour variations so your focus is to stay on different shades of one colour.
- Second, if your hair is dark and skin light or medium, then you will be most healthy in opposition colours such as black and white, blue and orange or red and green.
- Thirdly, if both your hair and your skin are dark-coloured, then you can signal your health with any colour that matches your test. If you are a bold person, your light skin matches best, Natural colours like red-brown, Orange, with forest Green and Black. Almost with a dark bald human looks good with all colours just dark brown which gives a boring look with their skin tone. People with medium skin look like turmerics, such as deep natural colour, black grey or blue.
- The more you use your clothes as a tool, the more you will be able to apply your natural features and talent
- In his book appearance of Power, the author describes the psychology behind clothes and he has told us whether we want it or not, but we judge people only based on their appearance.
- Therefore a big part of self-improvement should be your clothing. That is, by tracing like the person you want to be, you can increase the speed of your transformation process.
- German philosopher Friedrich said that every great human being is acting his ideal in the actual.
So at the beginning of your transformation, a change that will work is first it will tell other people about your growth, And the second one will remind you that you are on a mission to change your old version.
Because whenever we start changing our life it takes a lot of time to get results, Because of which many people go back to their old position in the way of personal development, That is, internal improvement is not enough without any major results.
So we have to complete our internal improvement with our external improvement.
Remember our apes can either become an asset or liability, so why don’t we make it our best asset and take our growth to the next level.
So this is the article in which we have talked about the psychology behind clothes.