Ingredients for Shiitake Mushrooms and Potato Enchiladas
- dried shiitake mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- white onion (1 chopped)
- 1 russet potato (large, about 8 ounces, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- black pepper
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack (about 8 ounces)
- 14 ounces enchilada sauce (green chilli, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 corn tortillas (warmed)
- fresh cilantro (for serving)
Directions to bake Shiitake Mushrooms and Potato Enchiladas
- Heat oven to 400° F. Combines the mushrooms and 2 cups boiling water in a small bowl and soaking for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and chop; reserve the soaking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and potato and cook, tossing often, until the potato begins to soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the corn, mushrooms, 1 cup of the soaking liquid, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in 1 cup of the Monterey Jack.
- Spread ½ cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Dividing evenly, roll up the mushroom mixture in the tortillas and place seam-side down in the dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Monterey Jack. Wait About 12 to 15 minutes. The sauce begins to bubbling and the Monterey Jack is melted. All is done
Sprinkle with the cilantro.
We have more Shiitake mushrooms recipes. Available to gamble with .
You can check for example Shiitake with Noodles